What is UiPath?
UiPath is a leading robotic process automation (RPA) software platform. RPA is a technology that automates repetitive and time-consuming tasks that are typically performed by humans.
It allows users to create and deploy software robots. These can interact with applications and systems in the same way that a human would. The company was founded in 2005 in Bucharest, Romania and is currently headquartered in New York.
It is a reputed robotic process automation (RPA) platform comprising several core components. The three core components are UiPath Studio, UiPath Orchestrator, and UiPath Robots.
Here is a more detailed explanation of the roles and functionalities of each component:
1. UiPath Studio
UiPath Studio is the primary tool used to create and design UiPath automations. It provides a drag-and-drop interface and a library of pre-built activities.
They can be used to automate a wide range of tasks, including:
- Data entry and processing
- Customer service
- Invoicing and accounting
- Order fulfillment
- IT service management
- Web scraping
- Screen scraping
- And more
The Studio also includes a variety of features that help users to create and debug automations, such as:
- A debugger that allows users to step through their automations line-by-line
- A recorder that allows users to record their actions and generate UiPath activities
- A simulator that allows users to test their automations without having to deploy them to a production environment
2. UiPath Orchestrator
It is a web-based platform that is used to manage and deploy UiPath automations.
It provides a variety of features:
- The ability to schedule automations to run at specific times or in response to events
- The ability to monitor the execution of automations and view performance metrics
- The ability to manage users and roles
- The ability to deploy automations to multiple machines
The Orchestrator also includes a variety of features like log files that help users to troubleshoot automations.
3. UiPath Robots
These are software robots that execute UiPath automations. They can be installed on any machine that has UiPath Studio installed.
These are responsible for performing the tasks that are defined in the automations.
UiPath Robots can be configured to run in a variety of ways:
- Attended automation: Robots are attended by humans and can be triggered to run tasks on demand.
- Unattended automation: Robots run independently of humans. They can be scheduled to run tasks at specific times or in response to events.
These Robots can run in a variety of environments, including:
Benefits of using UiPath
It offers a number of benefits to businesses of all sizes, including:
- Increased efficiency and productivity: Allow automation of repetitive and time-consuming tasks. It helps free up employees to focus on more strategic and value-added work.
- Reduced errors: UiPath robots are more reliable than humans, which can help to reduce errors and improve quality.
- Improved customer service: It can be used to automate customer service tasks. Responding to inquiries and processing orders with RPA, can lead to more efficient customer service.
- Lower costs: Businesses can reduce costs by automating tasks that are currently performed by humans.