The client is an edible oil manufacturer and dealer who uses SAP systems for all of the major transactions of the company. The client has plants across the country with suppliers and distributors spread across. Data related to oil production, distribution, sales was recorded both in the SAP system of the client and non-SAP systems used by the suppliers and distributors that mostly carried the secondary sales data. It was extremely challenging for the client to combine the data from both SAP system, and other systems that were having unstructured data, thus making real time reporting on sales, deliveries, payments and distribution a complex task. It was taking weeks to months to generate one report across these disparate systems.
- Get a consolidated view of SAP and non-SAP data together.
- Financial and HR data to be integrated in the common system.
- Issues related to data integrity and accuracy as data need to be imported for manual data sources like budgets and forecasts using master data management.
- Data redundancy as some of the data was stored, maintained and updated in multiple places.
- Data relevance as all the data may not be required for generating the relevant reports.
- More time taken for report generation as data has to be consolidated, cleaned, verified and then used for reporting from different sources.
Time required to combine data from primary and secondary sources has reduced from a month to a day.
The process of consolidation which was earlier done using MS Excel has now been automated thereby reducing the manual interference.
Significant improvement in workforce productivity and business performance on account of automation of data management.
- Kanerika chose Microsoft Azure SQL to consolidate the data from both SAP and non-SAP systems, as they had to handle complex transformations involved in integrating primary and secondary sales data.
- Azure SQL is also ideal because of its ability to handle large volumes of disparate data.
- On top Azure SQL, Kanerika used Microsoft Power BI tool for generation of reports and dashboard.
- Microsoft Power BI comes with it’s advantages of having built-in industry-leading data security capabilities including sensitivity labeling, end-to-end encryption, and real-time access monitoring
- Microsoft Power BI enabled to find and share meaningful insights with hundreds of data visualizations, built-in AI capabilities, tight Excel integration, and prebuilt and custom data connectors.
Security team can easily identify any data security breach through the new data architecture. And this allowed them to take action momentarily.
The executive gets detailed information on their products and delivery processes. It also shows what kind of data is present in the systems.
Security team can easily identify where the sensitive data is flowing and take corrective measure on them.
Kanerika is a niche consulting firm building efficient enterprises with deployment of automated, integrated and analytics solutions. Kanerika enables efficient enterprises through its unique digital consulting frameworks and AIOps enabled compostable solution architecture. We partner with some of the top vendors to solve some of the critical data and process related challenges. We help some of the top brands across the globe in increasing their speed to respond in evolving market conditions, reducing their cost of operations, empowering them with the right tools and insights for effective decision making.