Our client is a premier research university focused on the core areas of Information Technology and Building Science which has evolved into global research programmes related to energy efficiency, cool roof etc.
- Create a new product to simulate building parameters to save energy to design green buildings (EDOT)
- Use prescribed tool that support single simulation for single parameter for one hour
- Product to support minimum 6 parameters and support more than 1M simulations to generate 3 best proposals to save cost & energy in a reasonable time
The key goal of this project was to give 3 best design strategies for architects in less than one hour via million+ simulations using the EnergyPlus™ tool which currently took weeks of research.
The idea was also to allow the user to drill down on preferred strategies and simulate further to optimize the cost.
- Created product to satisfy the requirements with the key aspect that 1M simulations are analyzed in exactly 1 Hour
- On demand creates & scales the AWS instances requires for simulations , collate the results back into central / parent node
- Proposed the best combinations via the visual dashboard for user to drill down
- Allows users to shortlist and further simulate the chosen combinations
Zero wait time
Architects do not have to wait endlessly to explore all possible combinations to arrive desired results
$$$ cost savings
AWS instances scales on demand and collapses after performing its job , keeps the cost only for computational purposes.
Predictive cost and time model to solve very critical problem in building science
Excellent. Scales on demand across 100s of nodes. True enabler for research being undertaken at our institute. Great Job !